Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Full Circle - SLINKY style!

I can't believe it...but this journey is drawing to an end...this is the last week of our 11 week Made to Crave Study...and the final Blog Hop...
WOW! When I sat down to write this post, I had an overwhelming sense that everything had come full circle. Not in the traditional sense of "returning to the beginning". More in sensing initial wounds scab over...and feeling the life-giving blood pulse again underneath.
This week, more than any other in this 11 week stretch, brought back memories of where we started...and how far we have come in Christ's gracious strength! When we started Made to Crave on January 19th, I felt stuck...physically, emotionally, and spiritually! So much so that I titled my first blog post "the starting BLOCK".

But as we continued...I read...and prayed...and pondered...AND...

I began to see glimmers of hope despite heartache
Reminders of love despite heartbreak
(The heart-shaped rock Nick gave me when we dating...10 years ago!)

Even Lysa's words in the two videos this week (video 1 - video 2), felt like a walk down memory lane. Her themes of perseverance, joy, and trusting our identity in Christ more than any other "marker-of-success"...that's what God's been speaking directly to me!! Portions of these videos felt like rereading my own posts from 2/12/2014 or (even more) from 2/26/2014! Praise Jesus! He's imprinting #truth deep in my #heart!
If this wasn't revelation enough...check out this conversation from last week. This feels "full circle" indeed...a true #joy marker!

So.....

It feels like I'm repassing the starting line...but I'm actually lapping it.
It looks like I'm recircling the mountain...but I'm actually climbing up.
Christ's strength and perseverance are #bridging-the-gap....
(The "Iron Bridge" near my grandparents' home in England..my favorite bridge in the world!)

I'm calling this process....Full Circle - SLINKY style!

I felt like this when we started

In my own power, I was lost. My natural condition promised to pull me down forever...

But we serve a miraculous God! In Him and Him alone...I can defy nature...
I may not like it...but when the S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G is upward...it's always good.

In Him

12 comments:

  1. Amen, Miriam. None of us like to be stretched, but God is always there for us. Keep stretching upward and leaning on our miraculous God :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! Gotta love God's Forced Growth! His timing is always perfect!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed your blog and the photos you shared. God sure can take our messes and make them a message and your post is proof of that. I applaud your perseverance through this M2C journey and the life style changes you are making. With Him all up in it, we press on towards the goal Bravo my friend, bravo :)

    Trish (P31 OBS Blog Hop Team)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Trish! It's been quiet a journey, hasn't it. Thanks for sharing the road with me for the last 11weeks!

      Delete
  3. LOL Miriam, I wish that I could meet you in person! :) Slinky style indeed! I always wonder when I'm being stretched how it will turn out but when I spring back I'm deeper in His will and growing in maturity. I am praying for you as you continue being stretched on this life journey of change that you (and I) are on! HUGS and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he... wish I could meet you too! The support has made such a difference along this challenging health pan! Hugs to you as well! I don't suspect I'll post a ton after this, but feel fee to stop by every once in a while to say "hi" or share any updates about your progress. God bless!

      Delete
  4. Those Rainbow Colored Stinkys are Gods Joy Markers spot on. Your Blog is a blessing to my heart. Thank You.
    Irma ( Group 39)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miriam, I'd enjoy staying in touch via FB or email. I have been so encouraged by your posts. I'm not smart enough to figure out if I can email you via your blog? I'm excited to see what God has in mind for you in upcoming months! This was my first experience at blogging and I'm a bit technology challenged ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I totally understand the "technology challenge". That said, I think you have more info on me than I have on you. I went back to your blog and tried to look for information that could be used to search FB or email. You have kept most information private (*my husband says this is VERY wise*!); my google plus profile is available when you click on the profile above. You can use that to either search my name on FB or add me to gmail if you're a google plus member. If you go with the FB route, shoot me a private message first so I know who the friend request comes from. God bless! Looking forward to it!

      Delete
  6. LOVE your Slinky analogy, Miriam! That is a beautiful bridge also. It has been wonderful getting to know you through the Made to Crave series. I hope to see you in future studies!

    ReplyDelete