Thursday, March 27, 2014

Turning PITY into PURPOSE - #MAXIMIZE!

Hello!! And welcome to week 3 of my Made to Crave ACTION plan!!! In this week’s video, we learned to #maximize the nutrition of our health plan…and to let GOD #maximize the sanctifying nature of this journey. It’s easy to get trapped in a pity party! To mope and moan that your cross happens to be food. But as Lysa encouraged us this week, we can find purpose in this journey rather than wallowing in our own pity! This health plan is an opportunity for me please God! To move UP instead of letting defeat continue to hold me down!
The challenge this week was to increase our polyphenol consumption. Polyphenols act as antioxidants. Here's a list of some fruits, vegetables, legumes, and other polyphenol-filed foods! In this week’s study, we learned that the lack of polyphenols and other key nutrients in the typical American diet has caused an epidemic of malnutrition. In other words – we are stuffed…but still malnourished.

Since I’ve been focusing on eating more fruits and veggies overall, I was blessed to see that I already eat a TON of polyphenols. Here’s tonight’s supper – which just happened to be packed with Fiber, Omega 3s, and polyphenols.


SALAD: Raw spinach salad with cashews, strawberries, craisins, aged cheddar, and raspberry vinaigrette. 
BURGER: Salmon burger on a multigrain skinny bun; I used this recipe as a starting point. My burger contained onion, red bell pepper, garlic, parsley, basil, capers, and vinegar. Here's a peak at the patties before we pan seared 'em!
DESSERT: As you can tell above, we even treated ourselves to a little dessert – dark chocolate covered dried mango! Nick brought them home from his recent trip to the Philippines. They have so much more flavor than dried mango in the US. Delicious!

It’s hard to believe, but the Made to Crave ACTION plan study is drawing to a close! Can't wait to check out what everyone else made this week. Stop by next Thursday for my final group post!

Until then…in HIM

6 comments:

  1. Your dinner looks delicious, Miriam! I love the idea of cashews on your salad. They are my favorite nut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! They're definitely one of my favorites too

      Delete
  2. Oh my!! Can I come for supper?? Way to go..looks delish! ~Mary from Group 31

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really appetizing. I love how dark chocolate keeps popping up. Sonya from group 31

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun to hear SOME positive news about chocolate this week :) lol

      Delete