Thursday, March 20, 2014

Let's get PHYSICAL!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/337066353330716118/

It’s week 3 in our Made to Crave Action Plan!!! As you may have guessed from the cheesy image above, the focus of this week's video was EXERCISE!!

We all know the equation: 
http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/stay-out-of-my-kitchen/
http://www.gregstransformation.com/category/cardio/

But as I confessed in early March, exercise makes me want to cry! As a result, the only “exercise” I’ve completed in the last...well...let’s just say t-o-o l-o-n-g...has been at a snail’s pace with about 50% energy. I’ve know that it burns less calories and settled for activities that are low enough impact to multitask and therefore complete the "exercise" for longer stretches of time. For example, I'd walk for an hour while scrolling Facebook on my phone.

Needless to say, it was eye opening to hear this week’s scientific explanation for the KIND of exercise that I should be doing. In order to induce a physical stress response that will decrease inflammation, increase metabolism, and stabilize overall health, Dr. Chilton stated that I only need to exercise for 30mns (yeah!), but that I should do this 5 days a week (ugg)…and in a vigorous enough manner to hit a target heart rate (double ugg). For me, that is 125-165 beats per minute, with a target of 150 beats per minute. I’ve since tried this…it makes me sweaty. But it also feels empowering!

So…I’m CHOOSING to #EmbraceTheEquation. I’ve completed this recommended exercise every day since watching the video. And while I’m secretly praying for all of it to suddenly becomes fun, I’ve realized that I can walk in faithfulness either way. Like Lysa said - "Lazy is a lie...I am courageous!"
http://authentictruthseeker.wordpress.com/

Even if I never transform into an gym junky...purposeful exercise is still a necessary step in my health plan…not to mention a tangible way of putting God’s plan (for health and balance) over my own preference (for gluttony and sloth). In the end, I want to be physically healthy, but I need to be spiritually healthy. And victory in both areas is about intentional sacrifice…about choosing long-term over short-term…about small, sanctifying surrenders that help me #CraveGod more than any thing else in this world! So in the end, if  “eat less, move more” bring me closer to Christ, it will have been more than worth it!

P.S. Anyone else out there LOVE this week’s bonus interview? I was floored by Renee Swope’s insight about seeking significance and satisfaction from completion and connection!! God help me!!


4 comments:

  1. Amen and amen!! What an uplifting, inspiring post!!! Thank you so much for sharing and wow, what an amazing testimony you have going on right now!! Blessings to you!!

    Trish (P31 OBS Blog Hop Team)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trish! The encouragement is SO appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to you Miriam! I like to walk for 45 minutes while I read emails or some other multi-tasking. I need to get out my heart rate monitor and step it up some. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete