Saturday, March 8, 2014

WALK THE TALK - Week 1 of our M2C "ACTION PLAN"!

Even my love language is lazy…

I’m a sucker for words. I love how a powerful lyric can stir emotions and a meaningful story can ignite deep passion. What I DON’T love…is moving!

As Jesus Girls, you’ve probably heard the saying: “If you’re going to talk the talk you’ve gotta walk the walk!” Funny – I’m quick to apply this to sins like gossip and lust. But if taken literally, the cliché directly implies a need for physical exertion. 
Needless to say, this Made to Crave Action Plan study couldn’t have come at a better time. For those who don’t know, the original Proverbs 31 Made to Crave study ended last week. It focused on finding our “want to”. Now Proverbs 31 is hosting the ACTION PLAN version of Made to Crave, which provides practical, research-based tips for tackling “how to” get healthy.  And our blogs this round are supposed to be “picture-centric”. A nice challenge for this word-loving lady!

I’m late on posting this because I’ve spent the last several days browsing Dr. Ski Chilton’s website (http://www.genesmart.com). I wanted to know exactly what “ACTION” would be recommended before deciding if I would make any additional lifestyle changes. 
After all (insert super-self-righteous-tone)...
"I lost 10lbs on the ORIGINAL 
Made to Crave study…BY MYELF!!
What more is there to learn?"

Don’t be impressed. Here’s how I “managed” the weight loss so far.
  1. Set rigid limits on my daily food intake
  2. “Consider” exercise
  3. Actual follow through on my calorie cap
  4. Forgo exercise at all costs
So…when this week's Action Plan video talked about simple changes like eating more fiber..my legalistic flesh screamed:
“HOLD UP!! High fiber foods are like…
REALLY HIGH CAL! If you eat more fiber...
you’ll HAVE to exercise!”

Boy oh boy…that kind of attitude is SO not about craving God. It's just a sneaky way of switching direction...while still holding the reigns. 
There's CLEARLY more to learn!! Even more grateful now that this is a "Grace Place"!!

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful job! Love all the graphics and thoughts and the song. Thanks for sharing on the hop this week. Debbie W. (OBS Group Leader/Blog Hop Team)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to exercise too, Miriam! I usually avoid it, but am finally giving in. I have been working on 10 minutes a day this week. It is not much but I'm trying to start a habit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great goals, Candace! Hope it's going well so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Ha! I loved your "even my live language is lazy" :) great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy to see you're still doing the M2C study! God bless!

      Delete